Casaroro Falls is one of the scenic spots of Dumaguete, it’s located around 10 km west of Dumaguete city.
It’s a place well worth to visit. Not just to see the waterfalls, but to enjoy the whole scenery.
Once you leave Dumaguete, the road to the waterfall is flanked by lush vegetation, but the best part starts after the entrance point where you have to hike along the margins of the creek that meanders along the valley surrounded by the tropical forest.
You will have to jump over boulders and cross fallen logs. Along the creek there are many small pools where you can dip yourself.
- The Casaroro Falls is located on mountains. It’s cooler than Dumaguete, and tends to rain more often. Taking a raincoat is advisable.
- The bridge that links with the waterfalls has fallen due a Typhon, you will have to cross the river on foot, so it’s advisable to take sandals.
- By Car/Motorcycle: Except for the last meters, the roads are in quite good condition. The whole journey from Dumaguete to entrance will take you about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
From Robinson Mall take the road to Valencia. Drive along that road until the end, and then turn right, keep following the “Harolds Eco Resort” signs. Once you reach the dirty track, the entrance will be about 500 meters upwards.
- Jeepney & Tricycle: From Robinson Mall take the Jeepney to Valencia. Once you reach the main square in Valencia, hire a tricycle to take you to the Waterfalls.
- Tour: From Harolds Mansions you can book a tour. Where you can also include Twin Lakes
Motorcycle RentalOn Perdices Street, near the cross with Santa Rosa Street, there are several places where you can rent a motorcycle for 24h for 300PHP. They might charge more if you require 2 helmets.
From Harolds Mansion you can hire a motorcycle for 350php.